PHP has now become one of the most popular general-purpose scripting languages.
Some of the best principles made it rule over the hearts of web developers.
Let’s find out how? But first …
What is PHP?
PHP is a general-purpose scripting language that is well suited for web development.
PHP stood for Personal Home Page and later on, they changed it to Hypertext Preprocessor.
It has a well-organized and logical syntax which makes it easy to read.
History of PHP
It was first developed by Mr. Rasmos Lerdorf, in 1994. He initially used it for tracking views of his online resume.
He kept on adding features to it as per the need which later on turned it into a feature-rich programming language.
In 1995, he released PHP’s source code for the public so that they can use it as per their requirements. This also encouraged developers to find and fix out the bugs which made PHP even better.
Advantages of PHP.
- Easy to Learn Syntax – It has a syntax that is similar to C and C++. So programmers find this language easy to learn and manipulate.
- Server Support – It can easily run over Windows, as well as Linux servers.
- Free For Everyone – It is an open-source web language and hence it is completely free to use.
- Operating System Support – It supports a vast amount of Operating Systems including Linux, Solaris, and Unix.
- Great Online Support – It is a highly popular language which means finding support groups and forums is not a big deal.
- Easily Integratable – It can be easily integrated into HTML codes which helps you to convert any static website into a dynamic one.
- Loosely Written – It is a loosely written language which makes the script faster to develop.
Where PHP is Used?
PHP can be used for multiple purposes but mainly as a server-side scripting language. Other than that, it can also be used as command-line scripting.